Tips for Reducing Exam Anxiety
- Try to relax, keep your stress level to a minimum. Nobody can be perfect and all one can do is to do his or her best.
- Prepare a revision timetable and set out what topics, subjects you want to cover each day.
- The best way to study is usually in short periods and build your timetable in such a manner that you keep some time for relaxation.
- Make revising easier by highlighting the most important areas, which you need to study and make notes of anything you don’t understand or are unsure about and discuss this with a teacher or friend. You should discuss your course with your friends .You can also give each other moral support.
- Make sure you are able to shell out some time for exercise, aerobics, walking, cycling, swimming, dancing – anything to get rid of the stress in your body.
- Make sure you get fresh air each day – even a ten-minute walk in the park, round the block or spending time in the garden will help.
- Some people find it motivating when they set aside some study time a few hours before a favorite programme they want to watch – it helps knowing that after your study you have something to enjoy.
- In your relaxation time – don’t even think about work and exams – go out with friends and enjoy yourself, listen to music, do whatever you enjoy and whatever helps you to feel relaxed. That way you will feel more motivated to continue revising after your relaxation time.
- Have a balanced diet. Make sure that you always eat breakfast otherwise; you will feel restless and out of energy throughout the day and will not be in the right frame of mind to study. You can only concentrate properly when you are physically and mentally fine.
- If you were unable to concentrate, it would be better to have a break for a while and then go back to studies.
- Never go to sleep straight after revising – you need to have some relaxation before the end of the day. Maybe have a relaxing bath before going to bed and try to get to sleep at a reasonable time so you are not feeling tired the next day.
- Don’t leave your revision for last hours
- Before the day of the exams check, you have everything you need – pencils, pens, rulers, etc.
Note: We are inspired to use this content from various sources of Internet. This is for student’s learning and motivation purpose. We do not claim this to be our own.