A. ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
1. All students who expect to graduate or post-graduate from the university by the end of the academic year 2018-19 & 2019-20 and are seeking employment must register for campus placements at erp.aktu.ac.in by completing their resume. Placement Registration is ONLY for AKTU Students.
2. Campus placement is a facility provided for the students. Registration is not compulsory. Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement.
3. Students who have graduated in previous academic year, but not placed due to various genuine reasons, may be permitted to register and apply for companies as per their eligibility.
4. During induction, most of the companies insist on Passport and PAN card. So, the students are expected to apply for the same at the earliest.
5. Students may have to manage with their own transport arrangements to return the homeland inform their parents well in advance if the proceedings on the date of the interview continue till the late evening.
6. Based on the directions given by the companies, students may be sent to attend pooled campus placement drives in other colleges. Students should inform their parents about the placement process, venue, and timings in advance.
7. Students attending campus interviews should adhere to the following instructions,
(a) Report at the venue of pre-placement talk and interview as per the instructions.
(b)Students should carry minimum 5copies of their resume, photocopies of all Original certificates, 5 passport size photographs.
(c) A student in a casual dress will not be allowed for the PPT/Recruitment Process.
8.TPO aims to provide placement assistance for all final year students. Placement is a privilege extended to the students but can’t be claimed as a matter of right.
9. Students are advised to read the JNF announced on the website, go through the UIIC login and apply only if eligible and interested.
10. The details of the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disallowed from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
11. Students have to fill and submit their resumes on the website erp.aktu.ac.in to apply for companies to drive within deadlines. Resume once submitted cannot be modified. DEADLINES WILL NOT BE EXTENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
12. Students are advised to avoid last minute applying, as it may lead to delays and some may even be left out.
C. PRE-PLACEMENT PREPARATION
13. Notices of the placement drives will be published on the UIIC website well in advance. Students should keep themselves updated and occupy the venue 15-minutes before the scheduled start of the drive.
14. Students interested in a particular company must know about the company and its working environment.
15. Attendance will be taken and only those students who have applied for a particular company will be eligible to appear for the drive.
16. Students must go through the complete selection process of a particular company, once their application is submitted and prepare accordingly.
17. During induction, most of the companies insist on Passport and PAN card. So, the students are expected to apply for the same at the earliest.
18. Students may have to manage with their own transport arrangements to return the homeland inform their parents well in advance if the proceedings on the date of the interview continue till the late evening.
19. Any clarification regarding salary break-up, job profile, place of work, bond details, etc. must be sought from the companies during Pre placement Talks(PPT).
20. DRESS CODE: Students must be formally dressed /Uniform whenever they participate in any interaction with a company
**This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process/PPT if they do not dress up formally. Students are expected to know the norms for formal wear; for the benefit of those who claim ignorance, please note that the following are strictly not allowed:
* T-shirts with printed text; un-collared T-shirts;
* Shirt not-tucked in
* Chappals / flip-flops
D. PLACEMENT PROCESS
21. It is the responsibility of the student to check announcements/notices/ updated information / shortlisted names etc. in the SMS/Email and UIIC Website. Students are expected to be punctual.
22. ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY:
a) A student who applies and gets shortlisted is bound to go through the entire selection process unless rejected midway by the company. Any student who withdraws deliberately in the middle of a selection process will be disallowed from placement for the rest of the academic year.
b) LATE COMERS FOR APTITUDE TEST / GD / INTERVIEW may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
23. DISCIPLINE: Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the university name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
a) Students found cheating or misbehaving in the selection process (PPT / Test / GD / Interview) will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
E. JOB OFFERS
24. MULTIPLE OFFERS: Students will be allowed to have a single job offer only. However, already placed Students may also be allowed to appear for “Dream Company”. Once a student bags a job offer from a dream company, he/she will not be allowed to participate in any campus recruitment process at all. Moreover, already placed students but not placed in “Dream Company” may also be allowed for two job offers after completion of 80%placement of registered and eligible students of individual discipline.
25. The copy of the offer letter is required to submit in the placement office.
26. If a student is offered a second job, he/she must give a letter of regret to the company, which offered the first job and a letter of acceptance to the second.
27. After accepting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time during the year, he/she must inform the company concerned through the TPO immediately.
28. Post Placement: If any reasons the Company will stop joining of candidates so College is not responsible for that. The company shall be intimated of the offer acceptance within three days of the release of the offer.
29. JOINING STATUS: In the case of students who go for higher studies and hence decide not to join the company, should inform the company in writing at the earliest with the copy to Placement Office.
30. IDENTITY CARDS: Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
31. For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by this office shall be binding on all students/scholars.
G. Debarment/Blacklisting grounds for students:
32. Students may be debarred /blacklisted from the placement if he/she is found involved in any in disciplinary activity or engaged in malpractices practices.
33. Students giving wrong data/information in Training and Placement Coordinators, He/She will be debarred/blacklisted from the placement activities for the rest of the academic year.
34. Students cannot drop out from the selection process once he/she has been shortlisted for further rounds after Aptitude Test. Disciplinary action will be taken against defaulter student/s.
35. Any kind of misbehavior/complaints reported by the company officials/faculty/staff/volunteers will be taken seriously & those evolve will be debarred/ blacklisted from future campus placements
36. For all matters not covered by the above regulations, the Placement Office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions. The decision taken by this office shall be binding on all students/scholars.