How To Have A Real Personal Impact in Interviews
- Posture– Walk into the room with your shoulders back and chin up. Stand tall. Walk calmly and slowly. Be proud.
- Facial expressions– Consciously smile. This will create a warmth about you and people will want to talk to you. Positivity is contagious.
- Take the initiative– Stamp your mark. Try to introduce yourself to people before they make the first move.
- Voice– Do not speak too quietly. Use intonation in your tone. Communicate dynamism by speaking with energy.
- Remember names– Use their name during the conversation to show you are listening, interested and aware.
- Eye Contact– Maintain eye contact while the person is talking to you. This communicates interest & confidence.
- Get involved– Force yourself to mix with people although it may be against your nature. Psyche up beforehand if necessary.
- Hands – Don’t be afraid to use your hands to reinforce your points. Hand movements inject energy into your manner.