Sometimes we may end up having a really bad day due to various reasons. On the day of your interview, your bad mood can be the reason for your failure because you are mentally disturbed and unable to focus on the Interview.
In such a case, in spite of being extremely good at academics, you may end up losing the job. To avoid such a situation, the best way to stay positive is to focus on your interview.
A Positive and friendly attitude goes well with most of the Interviewers.
Human resource always prefers people with that sort of attitude to maintain good harmony in the organization.
(Who gets along with their clients, boss and the co-workers )
Below tips might help you to maintain positiveness throughout the interview.
- It’s okay to be in a bad mood, but no matter how negative you feel, do not let the interviewer know about it.
- When a person is in a bad mood, he/she will be unable to focus on the interview. To avoid such circumstances, keep calm and try to focus on what the interviewer is asking.
- Always have a smile on your face: A smile can brighten your conversation, It will put both you and your interviewer in a good mood.
- Dressing matters: When you look good, you feel good. Just pick a good interview outfit and make yourself confident.
- Pay attention to your body language: When you are in a bad mood, everything seems to be bad and your actions at that time convey it to the interviewer. In order to avoid this pay attention to your hand movements and body posture.
- Be confident: If you are not confident enough, everything you do or say in your interview makes you regret later. To avoid this, a few moments before the interview, think about the time when you were successful. (Maybe the time when you cleared your last interview or the time you won a volleyball match. (can be anything))
- Be a good listener: If you are feeling negative in your interview, you might become down with your negative thoughts that you end up struggling to focus. Practice active listening in order to focus and reply to him/her.
Follow these points, apply your knowledge and no matter how bad you feel, you are good to go!
- Ilasri Godha