A Job interview is all about picking right candidate to any organization for which ever role he/she has applied for, provided if the candidate is qualified enough for it.
Different companies conduct interviews in different formats such as few want their candidates to write a small test and prove their potential, few corporate companies have 5-8 rounds of interviewing process with various levels of rounds and will make you wait for the whole day, whereas few just wind it up with just a couple of questions, seeing how good is your profile.
Duration of the interview will also depend on what level of job you have applied for and how many vacancies are there and the salary slab for that particular role and competition for the role in the market and the skills you possess and other factors.
If the company is badly in need of any particular executive with certain skills, then they will recruit you with just one/two rounds of interview. But the same company conducts rounds and rounds of interview, if they have enough time and salary slab is high.
So, never lose your hope just because you were rejected at a particular interview for any reason. Please keep your answers ready for all the below questions, then the probability of you losing any interview will be very minimal.
50 Most Common Interview Questions For Any Job
Questions To Know About You
- Tell me about yourself?
- What are your major professional skills?
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your major weaknesses?
- What are your major strengths?
- How flexible are you with shift timings?
- What are your greatest achievements/you are proud of?
- Why did you leave your current job?
- What are your future plans?
- Why are you looking for a job with our company?
- What is your favorite pass time or hobbies?
- Explain a gap in your career/employment?
- What other skills/talents you have apart from your work-oriented?
- What is your typical work day be like?
- How good are you in handling conflicts & criticism?
- Would you describe your working style?
- What motivates you to work more?
- How do you prefer to work, alone or in a team?
Questions To Know Your Previous Experience
- How many years of relative experience you have?
- Describe your previous work profile?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- What is the best thing about your previous company?
- What didn’t you like about your previous job?
- Discuss your previous reporting manager/boss?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your boss?
- What are the three traits that your companies top performers have in common?
About Your Current Profile?
- How did you know about this job?
- What is your understanding of this company & the job?
- Who do you think are our competitors?
- How do you think we can make this job more productive?
- What changes you think is needed for this job?
- What can we expect in about 30, 60, and 90 days from the date of your joining?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to travel?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How soon can you join the job?
Questions To Analyze Your Behavior
- Who is your role model/mentor?
- What is your favorite book/movie/event/website?
- Out of all the candidates, why should we only hire you?
- What would your references say about you?
- What is your dream job and why?
- What is teamwork?
- Explain leadership skills?
- Are you comfortable working extra hours and weekends?
Problem Solving & Lateral Thinking
- What is the greatest challenge that you face at work?
- Tell me about one mistake you made?
- How do you prioritize your tasks?
- How do you work under pressure?
- What would your former boss describe you?
- What would your ex-colleagues describe you?
- What other companies are you interviewing with?
- Why did you change your career paths every now and then?
- What do you do apart from your professional work?
- If you were an animal which one would you want to be like?
- Sell me this pen?
- Why did you choose this career?
- Tell me about one tough decision you had to make in the last 6 months?
Concluding Interview Questions
- Is there anything else that we should know about you?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- All The Best